Old School VS New School

Old School vs New School has been a battle when it comes to technology especially in this day and time.  Now, I happen to be a huge fan of tech and have been for many many years.  But I have to admit, I am a bit old fashioned when it comes in and tries to take over old concepts.  I am not crazy about the idea of books now being  replaced by tablets and DVDs being replaced by streaming video, it has become the death of book, video and music stores/chains.  Now it has even entered the now "Scavenger Hunt Industry"...(never thought in a million years their would be such a thing by I was told recently that it does)  I assume it's a good thing ;) 
     There are companies that use hand held smartphone and have now created "scavenger hunt like" apps.  To those companies I think they are fantastic companies and I respect them to utmost..but the old fashioned interaction of a physical scavenger hunt can never really be replaced by an app.  I think there should be a "physical social" element that should be personal and upfront and to be quite frank becomes much more enjoyable and talked about.  Social physical interaction might start becoming a thing of the past and as the years go by and  if we continue to  hibernate in our homes in front of computers, tablets and smart phones, then the human element of socializing will eventually diminish.  So we must try to swerve that from happening and as entrepreneurship I think it our duty to keep that aspect alive.  At the end of the day it's very very important and it will show in your customer's reviews.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Easy Virtual Game Night Activities!