When you decide to make a “Switch”

Life is not a cemented thing where you must choose your position during your time here on the planet and stay put. You can move and make new decisions that will give you new journeys to experience. That is something a lot of people do not really understand that they have that freedom. For the most part it is based on fear.. of the unknown and what people will think of them. My advice…Screw What People Think! Just go do what you like and be happy, how hard is that?!
Mind you I’m not saying drop what you are doing and go start a new life..do it gradually step by step until the transition is complete. Abrupt sudden moves do not really work out for the best. You need to be pre-pared and attack it head on but one step at a time. Quite honestly I constantly think of my next switch all of the time. I consider it to be the second chapter of my life. Second chapter you may say.. yep, I have always viewed life as two chapters. First chapter is the day you are born until you hit 49 years of age and the Second is from age 50 until you leave this earth.
Nowadays you can pretty much be anything you want, and all the information to those avenues are at your finger tips. This was not the case prior to 10 years ago..but now the rules of the game have indeed changed. The days of beating down doors just to be heard…are gone. Now you can be heard all on your own power. This can be done by a simple podcast, video, blog, post, etc. and it will eventually reach the audience you want but there is discipline involved..nothing comes instantly. But if your passionate…who cares. Really.
To give you a personal example I love to study people in so many different fields because I find most people’s occupations rather interesting. Especially if they are not of the “norm”. Case in point Mike Wiens..who is Mike Wiens you may ask? Well Mike runs a Youtube channel where he travels around the world with his wife exploring different foods. He currently as of this posting has 1.7 million subscribers…that is very impressive for something so simple.
What I found so impressive about this guy is not only does he have a great show…but one episode he talks about how to do what he’s does. Why did I find that impressive…because most people do not share their “secret sauce” but he did..and that was cool. The truth is folks the world is large, so everyone has a place in it. With that said..after watching several episodes and following him..I said to myself “how cool is that!” I would love to do something like that eventually for my second chapter with my own twist.
When you watch his episodes its not as if it involves huge production costs. Its basically a camera some editing and his enthusiasm about talking about what he loves (food) in different countries. That right there folks is sooooo powerful that his passion comes out of the screen. It’s basically broken down to two things, the content you provide and the passion that it contains. So who knows in the future I might indeed leave the gaming business for something else I am passionate about ;)
With that said, if you are planning to eventually make the switch.. take your time. Treat it as a hobby, and there is no need to tell the world. Just go do it! That hobby will probably turn into a side hustle, and who knows maybe a second career. But keep in mind it takes a lot of commitment and that might eventually turn into a handsome reward. You have all the tools right in front of you (scale social marketing, podcasts, youtube, built in editing software, etc, etc, etc) So think about it, write it down (notebook should always be an arms length away as I said in a previous blog ;) ) and start exploring your switch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Easy Virtual Game Night Activities!